HecTic!


Whew, everyday I get more and more tasks to do. As part of purchasing team in my current office, I must be ready for daily purchase requests from all departments.
Actually this area is new for me, previously I was doing admin task and only related with documents and filing. I must learn to adjust my self for new experience and also knowledge as well

My company is produce spices, mainly is Vanilla Extract. Our market is Europe and America, and some local customers. Beside spices, we also have candle as one of our products, it is California Candle.
Furthermore, as Industrial Company, it will bring complex demand in purchasing. There are so many things to buy from raw mat, stationary, maintenance and engineering tools and also from research and development product (R&D), plus from quality control (QC) department.
It is hard, because I need to do sourcing through phone call or sometime I did some trips around my city to get the best supplier for the best quote.
Above all, the positive impact are many, such as: now I know more people or in other word I get additional channels, and then by learning something new, I get more knowledge about many things…you may say standard :D
Well, I think by saying go to work: It means that we must be ready for everything, we will meet the same challenge in every kind of jobs. It is okay, if sometime you feel down (yeah…coz I did feel that too) but do not forget to stand up faster and do the best you can do and let people judge the result. Be responsible for every step you did and you will feel free inside :)

picture source: Istock

Comments

Popular Posts